Pages

Monday 8 May 2017

UMS Korea Carnival 2017

UMS Korea Carnival 2017 was held on 6th May 2017 at Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Kota Kinabalu. 

Photo courtesy: UMS Korea Carnival FB page


I accidentally found out about this event when I was scrolling the FB news. Frankly to inform that I'm not quiet a fan of Kpop or Kdrama (since I'm more into Japanese artsy & stuffs), so don't hate me hahaha...but I do adore the beauty and fashion of the Korean <3

This is my first time attending this event and I would say they have done quiet a good job for making it happen. From my observation, there were not many outsiders visiting the event. Visitors are mostly the uni students. There is a few vendors for booths i.e. Hanbok, Make-up, T-Shirts and Games Station. It took me only 10 minutes to looking around the exhibition but I've waited up to 1-hour just waiting to wear the Hanbok outifts hahaha...XD  Well, the Games stations seems fun but less people participated. Oh. And I think they also have the Runway and Music performance at the Grand Night session. Too bad I am unable to stay until the night session. 


This is where the event took place. Visitors are mainly the students. 


I would like to give around of applause to the organizer for their creativity in decorating the booths.



This is the Jeju Stone Park booth. They used the rock balancing as miniature to the rock formation sculpture in the said park. The autumn leaves is an additional point for decoration. 


The Myeong-dong booth. Myeong-dong is one of Seoul's main shopping districts featuring mid-to-high priced retail stores and international brand outlets, as well as Korean cosmetics brands. It is particularly popular area for young people and tourists as a center for fashion and sightseeing. Yep. I've done my Google studies very well hahaha...




The Games station. I think there were at least 3-5 kind of games, open for public (with fee and prize of course)



Me wearing Hanbok (Korean traditional outfit) taking picture at the Canola flower field booth. It does looks similar to those in Jeju.



The real Canola flower field in Jeju, South Korea. Jeju Canola Flower Festival is one of the most famous festivals in Jeju, signaling the start of spring with fields upon fields of bright yellow flowers. 



Hanbok booth. Reveling the history of Hanbok.











There were also food stalls that sells Korean famous streets food such as deokkbokki, bulgogi, kimbap, etc. 







Lots of people buying the foods. 


Souvenir hahaha XD

I hope this event will also be held next year. Personally, I wish to see the event's improvement particularly in marketing, activities and booth handling to attract public to this event.

Well, there is no loss in learning foreign cultures. Right?

Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts